Friday, August 31, 2012

A Gift from Nana

Nana has been known to peruse Craigslist ads from time to time. Not that she's looking to make a purchase; it's more the online equivalent of window shopping. She happened to notice an ad for a reasonably priced kid-safe pony. She sent me a text asking if she bought a pony, would it be able to live with Flash.

A pony would need its own stall, which means on top of feed, farrier, and vet costs, there would be additional board to pay. But I told Nana that if they found a pony that was healthy and sound, completely kid safe, appropriately sized, and reasonably priced, I would Figure Something Out. They'd need to fix their truck before they brought it to this side of the mountains, anyway, so I'd have a little bit of time to either find a way to make a little more money each month, or work out an arrangement at the barn, or find a barn that would let me work off the board.

Nana asked what James thought about it. He's not home to say no, so hurry. (I found out later that he thinks getting a pony would be great, especially if Nana  and Grandpa M pay for it.)

I need something a little more my size, Ma. And a helmet.

Nana and Grandpa M went to look at the pony. They texted me a picture. It barely came up to Grandpa M's waist, and it looked just like a tiny Flash. They liked the pony, the price was right...they went home to get their trailer. When they got back and the pony was led out, it was lame. Turns out it may have a recurring stifle injury.

So that wasn't the pony for us.

But Nana's going to look at some more ponies next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment